eKYC, which is an electronic customer identification, widely used in credit scoring,providing convenience and reliability.
What is KYC?
KYC (Know Your Customer) means Know your customer, which is the process of identifying and verifying the client when opening an account and periodically overtime.
What is eKYC?
eKYC, which is an electronic customer identification, was a development of technology with aim to simplify procedures, paperwork and facilitate customer services. Currently, banks in many countries with the approval of the competent authorities have switched to use eKYC for customer onboarding.
eKYC process for credit scoring
KYC procedures defined by banks involve all the necessary actions to make sure their customers are real, assess, and monitor risks. These processes help prevent and identify money laundering, terrorism financing, and other illegal corruption schemes.
KYC process includes ID card verification, face verification, document verification such as utility bills as proof of address, and biometric verification. Banks must comply with KYC regulations and anti-money laundering regulations to limit fraud. KYC compliance responsibility rests with the banks. In case of failure to comply, heavy penalties can be applied.
Moreover, eKYC Vietnam is in the phase of building a complete legal framework which can apply as quickly as possible to the current banking systems.
The benefits we bring
Convenient and reliable customer identification solution
- AI-based facial recognition, liveness detection and face comparison technology help verify customers' identity accurately.
- By taking advantage of advanced technologies, instead of identifying customers by face-to-face, checking paper documents, eKYC performs customer identification electronically without having to meet face-to-face such as checking and comparing personal information immediately with a user data in a centralized database, identifying customers through artificial intelligence (AI), ...
- Provides a tailored solution to multiple standard levels of risks, easily customize and integrate to any customer's identification platform.
- Prevent credit fraud, verify customer information in the credit database and provide warnings about risks and bad debt ratios for financial institutions.
Reduce operating costs and simplify customer onboarding procedures
eKYC helps to reduce human resources and is much more convenient by simplifying procedures and paperwork, improving customer experience.
- Increase the security and transparency of information.
- Help credit underwriting officers identify users, and also save costs for business.